Saturday, December 28, 2013

Accuquilt Hunter Star die



I tried out my new hunter star die today.  I cut my fabric strips at 4 inches and ran enough to complete one full block.  It took only seconds to have all the pieces where if I had to cut them with the ruler, it would have taken much longer!
Sewing them together took longer then it should have.  I did not have the scan 1/4 inch perfected and therefore my blocks did not measure out correctly.

Then I had a little oops on this block
Once I got past the minor issues, the block came together nicely.  It measures only about 12 1/4 when it should measure 12 1/2.  I will work on that pesky scant quarter inch tomorrow.  


I love this die and will be making a quilt with the blacks and grays.  It will take no time at all to cut them out and get them stitched.  This die is a must have in your collection!

Happy quilting,
Lynn
Post a Comment