Monday, December 30, 2013

Celtic Solstice part 5

I have been plugging away a my myster quilt.  I have managed to complete clues 1, 2 and 4.  I still have about half way to go on both clues 3 and 5.

Let's talk about clue 5.  I just knew we were going to be adding wings!  I used my accuquilt cutter to cut the side triangles and the half square triangle.  I was able to whip up one block quickly and it turned out perfect!
However, the next day when I say down to sew te rest, none were coming out te correct size.  That scant 1/4 inch seam came bak to haunt me.  No matter how skimpy I made te seam, they still measure about 1/8 too short. 

If anyone has any tips, I would love to eat them.  I managed to he 20 done!
And here is what I have done so far all in little baggies waiting for the next clue!

I am loving my color choices and cannot wait to see it come together!

Happy Quilting!
Lynn

No comments: