Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Celtic Solstice and some new accuquilt dies!

It felt like Christmas the other day when the UPS man delivered my package.  I ordered some new accuquilt dies last week.  My main reason for ordering new dies was because I am doing Bonnie hunters Celtic Solstice mystery quilt.  I wanted the dies to use for each clue instead of using the traditional method.  Well I ended up doing clue 1 with the tri rec rulers and I started to do clue 2 but decided to wait for my order.

These are the dies I ordered!  I got the parrallegram, triangle in a square, hunters star, Alphabet letters, log cabin, 1 1/2 half square triangles and I think the last one is a 3 inch half square triangle

The log cabin looks like it will have to be made scrappy which I am ok with.  I just love scrappy quilts!

This alphabet die will come in real handy when I am making personalized hooded bath towels.  Cutting out the letters is time consuming and this will definitely save some time.

I used the parrallegram die along with the 1 1/2 inch half square triangle die to make some of the blocks in Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt.  I found that I liked using  the half square triangle along with the 3 1/2 x 2 inch rectangle.

The hunter star die is one I am most excited about.  I made one using the rulers and the pieces were a little wonky.  I look forward to making one with this die.

Here is my fabric that I cut for my Celtic Solstice quilt.
 Look how perfect these pieces are cut!  I can honestly say that I saved a ton of time by not having to cut these with a rotary cutter.  I am loving my accuquilt more and more each day!
Once I get caught up with christmas stuff, I will do a post on each one of the dies.  Until then, I need to finish my clues for the mystery quilt.

Happy Quilting,
Lynn

No comments: