Monday, December 9, 2013

Trying out my Sizzix Owl Applique!

I purchased the Owl appliqué die from Hobby Lobby the other day.  So today I took out my Sizzix Fabi cutter and put her to the test.


I chose fabrics from my scraps to use for my trial run.  I added a paper back fusible to each piece and away I went!

The pieces roll through the die cutter very easily and I had no problems with pieces not cutting properly.  It took no time at all to cut out my pieces.


I also used my stems and leaves Accuquilt die for the branch and leaves.   I placed all the pieces on an appliqué fusing sheet and fused all of the little pieces into one appliqué piece.


How cute is this?  Now I can take this piece and iron it onto a pice of freezer paper and put it into a binder.  Then it will be ready for me to use in a future project!

Happy Quilting!
Lynn

No comments: